Are you a Health Journalist? Are you a Student Journalist? Are you a Health Professional? Do you work with health related NGOs? This is your chance to sharpen your skills in journalism and health reporting. African Media and Malaria Research Network (AMMREN) has a range of short courses to build your capacity in this area!!!
The course exposes the candidate to the unique requirements of gathering, processing and dissemination of health information. The course builds the candidate in the principles of ethical communication using the traditional and new media channels. The course is meant to school the journalist and PROs in the vocabulary of public health and the best standard practices of advocacy, to ensure that health communication messages are rooted in the needs, language and context of the ordinary person.
- Effective health communication
- Ethics and Medical Journalism
- The role of the media in health promotion
- Interpreting scientific reports/data for news
- Engaging the community in health communication
- Health communication and social media
- Developing the health message (group work)
- Presentation, Wrap up/ Evaluation, Closing
- Participants acquire skills in effective health communication
- Participants acquire skills to interpret scientific data for effective communication
- Participants able to effectively report on health interventions and outcomes.
- Students in media studies
- Public Relations Officers
- Employees of NGOs working in health
- General Public
Date: 25-27 September 2019
Training Venue: Noguchi Medical Research Institute
GHC 800 for each Training Programme (Includes Tuition, Snack/Lunch, Course Materials and Certificate).
Duration: 3 Days