Are you a health professional? Do you want to improve your communication skills with your patients? Do you want to effectively relay information to your patients? This is your chance to sharpen your skills your communication skills. African Media and Malaria Research Network (AMMREN) has a range of short courses to build your capacity in this area!!!
Communication Skills for Health Professionals
The course makes participants eternally aware of communication ‘speed bumps’ that affect peoples’ comprehension of health messages. The module for health professionals will equip health professionals with skills to provide information devoid of the usual technical language, jargon and in a humane manner. It gives participants the know-how to relay health messages using practical examples of everyday life and presenting information in a shape that is logical and meaningful to digest easily.
- Persuasive Communication
- Media advocacy in public health
- Identifying appropriate media tools for health communication
- Effective writing and presentation skills
- Translating Patient’s Charter into practice
- Using New Media to promote Health
- Developing the health message (Practical Session)
- Presenting the message (Practical Session)
- Participants gain understanding of how the media works
- Participants acquire skills to break down scientific data into simple language
- Participants acquire skills for effective health communication
- Participants acquire writing and presentation skills
- Participants acquire health worker-patients skills
- Medical Doctors
- Other Health Related Professionals
Training Venue: Noguchi Medical Research Institute
GHC 800 for each Training Programme (Includes Tuition, Snack/Lunch, Course Materials and Certificate).
Date: 11-13 September 2019
Duration: 3 Days
Contact AMMREN on 0303933452/0553442105